2016 CHEVROLET TAHOE POLICE PURSUIT VEHICLE FOR SALE
Our Demo 2WD Vehicle - Only 11,000 Miles - 11,000 miles is correct.
In addition to the vehicle described below, our demo Tahoe has the following top of the line premium Federal Signal equipment installed:
Push bumper with speaker
The PBX Series is designed with maximum safety in mind, and it offers customization for your specific needs while providing the best strength, durability, and protection. All components of the series are manufactured with heavy duty HRPO steel and engineered to provide extra protection to the grille, front end, and police officer.
SmartSiren Platinum SSP3000B Controller with PA — Five-year warranty
With the Federal Signal SmartSiren Platinum, a programmable siren and light controller with a remote-mount control head, unmatched functionality is put right at your fingertips. An intuitively engineered remote control head puts at-a-glance command and control in your officer’s hands. A simple PC interface makes it easy to program one vehicle – or an entire fleet – from your laptop. Also, Federal Signal’s unique FS Convergence Network simplifies the lightbar installation with a plug-and-play connection to the controller and amplifier.
Full slick top red/blue lighting inclucing front push bumper, lower grille, side mirror, side lower vehicle lighting, interior front, side and rear window lights. LRCO yellow directional and red/blue rear interior light bar. White light takedown and scene flood lighting and side alley lights.
2016 CHEVROLET TAHOE POLICE PURSUIT VEHICLE - 2 Wheel Drive
CLICK HERE to download the GM factory brochure for the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe PPV.
The Chevrolet Tahoe PPV has become an increasingly popular choice for law enforcement offers that same level of effectiveness along with a new perk: Track Detect Mode, which doesn’t require a button push to engage the StabiliTrak stability control system.
The Tahoe PPV has a powerful and efficient 5.3L V-8, along with updated chassis and suspension features, including the brakes and fuel-saving electric power steering. The PPV-specific lowered ride height and heavy-duty suspension are suited for the high-speed pursuits and severe duty that sometimes is required for police work. The front and rear suspensions include stiffer springs, shocks and jounce bumpers.
The Tahoe PPV also delivers fully integrated electrical systems, making it easier for the aftermarket installation of police-specific equipment such as light bars and police radios.
Exterior and interior details
The exterior design of the 2016 Tahoe PPV is very refined and precisely sculpted. Inlaid doors fit into the body side openings instead of over the top of the body for interior quietness. It also contributes to superior aerodynamics – an attribute that helps it slip through the air on the highway for greater efficiency. Lightweight aluminum hood and liftgate panels also enhance efficiency through reduced overall mass.
Additional exterior features include a windshield angle raked forward and flattened at the corners for better wiper performance, as well as the B-pillar moved forward slightly and the C-pillar straightened, making it easier to get in and out of the vehicle through the rear doors.
Police equipment includes:
Stronger foundation, enhanced chassis
- Black assist steps
- Auxiliary battery – an industry exclusive
- Available daytime running lamps and automatic headlamp delete
- Available headlamp/tail lamp flasher system
- Radio suppression (braided brass straps attached at several body locations) is standard
- Inside, the Tahoe PPV delivers a comfortable ride for officers, with enhanced ergonomics that make their rolling office easier to use. The instrument panel, for example, has a straightforward design featuring a large, easy-to-view cluster. It includes a 4.2-inch driver information center display in the center of the cluster for vehicle, infotainment and other data.
- Lighting, red and white front auxiliary dome
- Ground Studs, Auxillary, Rear Compartment
- Recovery hooks, Black, front, frame-mounted (removed to install the push bumber, but they are included with the vehicle)
- Standard rear-vision camera system
- Standard backup sensors
- Standard air conditioning; front and rear
- Standard cruise control
- Carpeted floor covering
- Standard analog instrumentation with 150-mph certified speedometer
- Wiring for grille lights and siren.
- Standard 170-amp main power supply wiring at the instrument panel and 100 amp in cargo area
- Standard remote keyless entry; six additional remotes are available
- A 40/20/40 individual front seat is standard and the center-seat can be removed, allowing additional room for police equipment.
The 2016 Tahoe PPV is engineered to deliver a quiet, controlled ride with an exceptional steering and braking feel. It all starts on a strong, fully boxed, perimeter frame, which supports payload and trailering capability that body-frame-integral crossovers can’t match.
A coil-over-shock independent front suspension design features forged aluminum upper control arms and cast-aluminum lower control arms.
At the rear is a five-link coil-spring suspension design, which enables optimal ride and handling through more precise tuning. Lateral stiffness was increased at the frame-side joint of the lateral link with the addition of a cross-axis ball joint, for a greater feeling of steering precision.Additional chassis and suspension features include:
- A wide rear track that contributes to a planted stance and confident handling
- Strong body structure with high-strength steel for a solid feel and a quiet cabin
- Shear-style body mounts, which reduce body shake and enhance the feeling of structural stiffness, improve damping performance when compared with previous compression mounts
- Standard 3.08 axle ratio
- Electric variable-assist power steering system enhances fuel economy and tailors steering assist to vehicle speed
- Front brake material for more confident braking performance
- Standard automatic locking rear differential that provides greater traction when needed and greater driving comfort when it’s not
- To support the high speeds sometimes required by police pursuit vehicles, the Tahoe PPV wears standard V-rated, P265/60R17 blackwall Goodyear RSA steel belt radial tires, mounted on 17 x 8-inch steel wheels. It also has heavy-duty transmission and engine oil coolers. StabiliTrak electronic stability control with proactive roll avoidance and traction control and hill start assist is standard.
A skid plate package is standard and includes a front underbody shield from behind the front bumper to the first cross-member protects vital vehicle components such as the oil pan and other drivetrain parts.
Additional standard equipment includes a 26-gallon fuel tank, 170-amp alternator, a 660 CCA battery with run-down protection and a 730 CCA auxiliary battery.Power and efficiency
The EcoTec3 5.3L V-8 engine is rated at 355 horsepower (265 kW) and 383 lb-ft of torque (519 Nm) and features state-of-the-art technologies including direct injection, cylinder deactivation, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system. They’re designed to make the most of power, torque and efficiency across a broad range of operating conditions.
The technologies also contribute to EPA-estimated 16 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway (2WD). Improved engine mounts, electronic throttle control, adaptive exhaust systems, improved aerodynamics and other technologies help the engines operate in four-cylinder mode longer with Active Fuel Management, contributing further to efficiency.
A Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission is paired with the 5.3L engine and contributes to efficiency with reduced engine speed on the highway. It also features TapShift control, tow/haul mode, hill start assist and auto grade braking.Safety and crash-avoidance features
Chevrolet Tahoe has a strong body structure designed to absorb crash energy and provide a protective “safety cage” around occupants. Standard head curtain side air bags with rollover protection for both seating rows and seat-mounted side-impact air bags for driver and right front passenger add to the safety components of the Tahoe PPV. The roof-mounted head curtain air bags provide increased rollover protection and occupant containment.Additional safety features include:
2016 CHEVROLET TAHOE POLICE PURSUIT VEHICLE SPECIFICATIONS
- Standard Onstar and Bluetooth connectivity
- Standard StabiliTrak electronic stability control system helps reduce the risk of rollover crashes by keeping the vehicle in the driver’s intended path by automatically applying throttle, brakes, or a combination of both
- Standard four-wheel-disc brake system with ABS featuring smooth, quiet operation, longer pad life and more resistance to brake pulsation
- Pretensioners minimize forward movement during a collision and are standard on the front safety belts. Load-limiting retractors cinch the belt more tightly
- Standard tire pressure monitoring system.
Model: Chevrolet Tahoe Police Pursuit Vehicle (9C1)
Body style / driveline: 4-door sport utility vehicle, front-engine, 2-wheel drive, half-ton model
Construction: body on frame
EPA vehicle class: full-size sport utility vehicle
Manufacturing location: Arlington, TexasEngine
- EcoTec3 5.3L V-8 FlexFuel (L83)
- Displacement (cu in / cc): 325 / 5328
- Bore & stroke (in / mm): 3.78 x 3.62 / 96 x 92
- Block material: cast aluminum
- Cylinder head material: cast aluminum
- Valvetrain: overhead valve, two valves per cylinder, variable valve timing
- Ignition system: coil near plug, platinum-tipped spark plugs, low-resistance spark plug wires
- Fuel delivery: direct fuel injection with Active Fuel Management
- Compression ratio: 11.0:1
- Horsepower (hp / kW @ rpm): 355 / 250 @ 5600 - (gas – SAE certified) 380 / 283 @ 5600 - (E85 – SAE certified)
- Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ rpm): 383 / 519 @ 4100 - (gas – SAE certified) 416 / 564 @ 4100 - (E85 – SAE certified)
- Recommended fuel: regular unleaded or E85
- Maximum engine speed (rpm): 5800
- Emissions controls: close-coupled catalytic converter, Quick Sync 58X ignition, returnless fuel rail, fast-response O² sensor
- EPA-estimated fuel economy (city / hwy): 16 / 23 (2WD)
- Hydra-Matic 6L80, six-speed automatic
- Gear ratios (:1): First: 4.03 - Second: 2.36 - Third: 1.53 - Fourth: 1.15 - Fifth: 0.85 - Sixth: 0.67 - Reverse: 3.06 - Final drive ratio: - 3.08
- Front: independent coil-over-shock; twin-tube shock absorbers
- Rear: solid axle with five-link location and coil springs
- Traction assist: all-speed traction control
- Steering type: electric power-assisted rack-and-pinion
- Steering ratio: 17.3
- Steering wheel turns, lock-to-lock: 3.4
- Turning circle, curb-to-curb (ft / m): 39 / 11.9
- Type: power-assisted, four-wheel disc, four-wheel ABS; vented front and rear rotors
- Rotor diameter x thickness (in / mm): front: 13 x 1.2 / 330 x 30 - rear: 13.6 x 0.8 / 345 x 20
- Wheel size and type: 17 x 8-in. steel (std.)
- Tires: P255/60R17 V rated all-season (std.)
- Wheelbase (in / mm): 116 / 2946
- Overall length (in / mm): 204 / 5181
- Overall width (in / mm): 80.5 / 2044
- Overall height (in / mm): 72.4 / 1839
- Track (in / mm): front: 68.7 / 1745 - rear: 68.7 / 1744
- Minimum ground clearance (in / mm): 8.5 / 216
- Step-in height (in / mm): 2WD: 22 / 559
- Ground to top of load floor (in / mm): 2WD: 35.9 / 912
- Approach angle (deg): 2WD: 15.5
- Departure angle (deg): 2WD: 23.2
- Curb weight (lb / kg): 2WD: 5253 / 2383
- Weight distribution (% front / rear): 52 / 48
- Seating capacity: 6 total
- Headroom (in / mm): 42.8 / 1087 - 38.7 / 983
- Legroom (in / mm): 45.3 / 1150 - 39 / 990
- Shoulder room (in / mm): 64.8 / 1646 - 65.1 / 1653
- Hip room (in / mm): 60.8 / 1544 - 60.3 / 1531
- Max cargo volume (cu ft / L) 111.8 / 3166
Note: Information shown is current at time of publication by the Chevrolet website.
- EPA interior volume (cu ft / L): 120.8 / 3420
- GVWR: (lb / kg): 2WD: 6800 / 3084
- Payload maximum (lb / kg): 2WD: 1547 / 702
- Trailer towing maximum (lb / kg): 4000 / 1814
- Fuel tank (gal / L): 26 / 98.4
- Engine oil (qt / L): 8.5 / 8.0
- Cooling system (qt / L): 18.3 / 17.3
The following notice is required for ammunition, firearms and some other types of products sold in the State of California. This notice may or may not apply to this item, but to comply with the law we are posting this notice on all of the more than 400,000 products we sell to be sure we do not miss any that it does apply to. This item may or may not be legal to own or sell in the State of California. Regardless of this notice, all federal, state and local laws and restrictions still apply.
AMMUNITION & FIREARMS
This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Please call us to make an offer, purchase the Tahoe or to arrange to see it at out office in Dallas, Texas.