This product is on our BuyBoard contract.
GOVERNMENT AND COMMERCIAL BUYERS: GOVERNMENT CONTRACT AND QUANTITY PRICING IS AVAILABLE. CLICK ON THE BLUE BUTTON TO GET A PRICE QUOTATION ON THIS AND ANY OTHER ITEMS YOU NEED TO PURCHASE.
SureFire 556-1/2-28 Muzzle Brake/Suppressor Adapter, fits M4 / M16 weapons and variants with 1/2-28 muzzle threads and SureFire SOCOM Series
SureFire 556-1/2-28 muzzle brake, greatly reduces both recoil impulse and muzzle rise so that the weapon tracks straight back to keep you on target for faster shot-to-shot recovery, while its patented Impulse Diffusion design minimizes side blast and rear-directed concussion effects and also serves as a rock-solid mounting adapter for the
SOCOM Series 5.56 mm Fast-Attach suppressors.
Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock including high-precision single-point cut threads for optimum thread interface the 556-1/2-28 muzzle brake is given a black Ionbond DLC coating to provide maximum protection under harsh environmental conditions and to facilitate cleaning even after extreme use.
All SureFire SOCOM Series muzzle brakes have blind pilot holes at the 3 and 9 o’clock position to enable fine-tuning of recoil characteristics for individual shooting styles or ammunition characteristics. They also have blind pilot holes at the 6 o’clock position to enable indexing the adapter at bottom dead center, and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles. All that is required is a basic hand drill and appropriate drill bits. Technical Specifications:
- Caliber: 5.56 mm (.223 caliber)
- Length: 2.70 inches
- Fits: M4, M16 and variants wih 1/2-28 muzzle threads
- Mounts: All SureFire SOCOM Series 5.56mm/.223 caliber sound suppressors
- Offset porting delivers greatly reduced recoil impulse and muzzle rise, so the weapon tracks straight back to keep you on target for faster shot-to-shot recovery
- Multiple bearing surfaces for superior suppressor alignment
- Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock
- High-precision single-point cut barrel threads for optimum thread interface
- Inspected for all critical dimensions including concentricity and alignment
- Pilot holes for tuning of muzzle brake and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles
- Black Ionbond DLC coating provides maximum protection against harsh environmental conditions and facilitates cleaning after extreme use
- Serves as rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series sound suppressors
- Labyrinth seals prevent carbon buildup on suppressor lock ring indexing system
- Installation requires no permanent modifications for M4 / M16 / AR15 type weapons