General Shipping Information
CMC Government Supply is a distributor of products directly to government agencies. We are not a typical online retailer, however any commercial business or individual can buy from us.
You do not need to be a government agency to take advantage of our low prices on most of the products sold on our website. We do not have a minimum order size or amount
, however, there is a minimum shipping & handling cost of $9.99 for all orders. Shipping and handling costs will be added to all orders in the online checkout process based upon what is being ordered and where & how it is being shipped.
Normal shipping lead times are automatically shown for all of our products online to our registered customers. CMC Government Supply processes and ships all orders as fast as we can, however we cannot guarantee precisely when or where an order may ship from. Some orders will ship from multiple locations and may ship at different times.
CMC Government Supply ships from multiple locations throughout the United States. We normally ship via UPS (United Parcel Service), however we may use other carriers for shipping orders from our suppliers or our warehouse locations. Some items require special handling or are considered hazardous and must be shipped via other specific carriers or methods. Some of these orders will require an adult signature.
Please understand that we are a distributor to government agencies and set up to process and ship larger orders than typical online retailers you may be familiar with. Shipping costs vary depending on what item(s) you purchase, how many you purchase, how you want them shipped, which of our warehouses is shipping the item(s), the current fuel surcharges from UPS, and the distance they are being shipped to. Residential addresses and rural areas are more expensive to ship to than commercial locations and urban areas. Some large items may have an oversize surcharge and some items may be assessed a dimensional weight charge by UPS as well. Some products require an adult signature or contain hazardous materials which UPS charges extra for. Shipping Damage:
Shipping damage is quite rare. More than 99.9% of all our orders are delivered in good condition. Every once in a while shipping damage does happen. The buyer should note any and all shipping damage when signing for the shipment. Buyer must immediately notify the freight carrier if the Buyer receives a damaged shipment. Keep all packaging and do not throw anything away. Take photos of everything BEFORE you attempt to open any packages or inspect anything packed in a damaged box or container.Shipment Tracking Shows Delivered, But Is Missing or Not Received:
This is extremely uncommon and rarely happens, however it is becoming more common for packages to be stolen from residential home delivery locations. If the carrier tracking information shows a package was delivered, but you did not receive it, you need immediately to do the following:
Additional Shipping and Freight Terms:
- Verify with everyone else at the delivery address they did not receive your package and are holding it for you. You should also check with your neighbors, the management office, apartment and/or association office to make sure they do not have your package.
- Call the carrier immediately and report the missing package appears to have been stolen or delivered to another location in error. The carrier should initiate a package trace on the package to verify where the delivery was made.
- If the carrier indicates it was delivered to the proper address and location, you will need to immediately file a police report for a stolen package.
- Notify CMC as soon as you know the package was not received and keep CMC advised on all communication you have with the carrier and the police. You will need to send us a copy of the police report if the package was stolen so we can then replace the missing package.
- Products will be shipped per the carrier & shipping specifications of CMC Government Supply.
- Not all shipments require a signature for delivery and many carriers will leave packages at the door of a residence if no one is there to receive a package. It is the buyers responsibility to make sure this is safe and the buyer assumes all responsibility for any loss due to theft or damage for all shipments delivered without a person to receive it.
- All Products are shipped FOB shipment origin. Insurance is not provided for lost or damaged shipments.
- Please refer to our Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale for additional information.
Please feel free to call us if you have any questions regarding the shipment of your order.