Designed for use in the telecommunications industry, ExchangeInfo Plus is a comprehensive infrastructure database of Wire Center serving areas, Central Offices (CO) and wireless switch locations.
Wire centers are the basic unit of geography for the telecom industry. They describe the organization of the local telephone Exchange system. Each Wire Center serves a unique set of telephone numbers within a fixed geographic area.
In addition to providing geographic information about Wire Center serving areas and the CO's, ExchangeInfo Plus contains specific telecom data, including CLLI™ Codes, LATA assignments, Rate Center names, Exchange names, Area Code (NPA), prefixes (NXX), Carrier Type information, and more.
ExchangeInfo Plus includes every Local Exchange Carrier (LEC) landline Wire Center in the United States (over 22,000), and graphically displays their service areas.
- Geographic Coverage: 50 States; D.C.; Puerto Rico
- Scale: 1:24,000
- Coordinate System: NAD83
- Vintage Date: Updated Monthly
- Data Updates: By Subscription: Monthly, Quarterly
- Source: Built using state tariff data, Telcordia® LERG™ Routing Guide - Special Data Product (SDP)
- Database Variables:
- Wire Center Boundaries: Wire Center code, Region
- Central Office Locations: Wire Center code, Vertical, Horizontal, Longitude, Latitude, Source, Point
- NPA/NXX Data: NPA, NXX, Start range, End range, State, Wire Center code, Switch, Service type, LATA, OCN, Company name, OCN category, Locality, Exchange, Rate Center
- Service: Type, Description
- Operating Company: Category, Description
- Unit Of Sale: U.S.; State